THE BIO-RESIN RAW MATERIAL PROCESSThe Bio-Resin Raw Material Process is part of our Kick Plastic initiative to reduce our carbon footprint and protect our planet’s waters. Our earth-friendly bio-resin frames are durable and lightweight, and hold their shape under the harshest conditions.
Seeds from the castor plant are harvested and processed into castor oil.
Castor oil is used to produce a natural raw material known as bio-based plastic resin.
Use of bio-based resin vs. petroleum based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions and our overall carbon footprint.
Bio-Resin is the foundation for our plastic sunglass line of frames. And unlike petroleum plastics, they don't take 500 years to break down.
Our process is comprised of several technological advancements that have a major impact on sustaining our planet and it's oceans.
FRAME QUALITIES AND OPTIONS
Costa offers frames to meet everyone's needs. Customers can choose a frame based on color, hypoallergenic materials, durability, lightness, cost and uniqueness. Each frame offers its own performance advantages and style features for eyewear that fits every occasion.
Co-Injected Nylon Frames
Our nylon frames are tough and durable, with more color options manufactured using the environmentally friendly bio-resin process. TR-90 nylon is a premier material for sports and performance frames as it is resistant to heat and cold. Though it is flexible, it is still durable. Nylon is easly molded into wraparound and other shapes.
Metal Frames provide a different look and feel. We use only the best in metals - marine-grade corrosion-resistant Monel® and lightweight, hypoallergenic titanium.
If mixing it up is your thing, we combine the best of bio-based resin with our corrosion-resistant metals. The combination of materials also allows for more style variations.
Rimless eyeglasses are feather-light because there is simply less nylon frame material sitting on your face. They're generally more comfortable, more streamlined and perfect for a variety of sports.
A] Co-injected Bio-Based Nylon
Our bio-based nylon frame material is tough and durable. As a result, Cost'a co-injected frames offer the best-fit and greatest comfort on the market today.
BEST FIT GREATEST COMFORT
B] Corrosion-Resistant Monel Metal
Monel's super tough, corrosion-resistant alloy is often used in marine applications. If you are on the water a lot, Monel stands up to the challenge.
GREAT ON THE WATER CORROSION-RESISTANT
C] Hydrolite Rubber
Hydrolite is our proprietary, hypoallergenic rubber which prevents slippage. We use Hydrolite rubber on comfort spots such as nose pads and temples.
PREVENTS SLIPPAGE HYPOALLERGENIC
Titanium is as strong as steel but lighter weight, making these frames perfect for sports. Though titanium is one of the strongest metals, it reverts back to its original shape even after exerting pressure. Titanium is often used in prosthetics because it is hypoallergenic and corrosion-resistant.
PERFECT FOR SPORTS HYPOALLERGENIC CORROSION-RESISTANT
E] Beta Titanium
Beta titanium is a hypoallergenic titanium alloy made by blending titanium with other metals. It is extremely durable and strong, but bends, reducing damage and broken frames.
HYPOALLERGENIC STRONG BUT FLEXIBLE
- We are the infustry leaser in this manufacturing process.
- Original bilateral and trilateral styles are created by bonding together two or three distinct colors into one frame
- Each layer is comprised of solid color bio-resin. The result is a highly durable frame with chip-proof color.
- We offer multiple unique color combinations in both bilateral and trilateral styles.
Our corrosion-resistant, stainless steel flexible hinges keep their shape and fit perfectly.
They come in three types:
- Optical spring
- Five-barrel optical
FRAMES & MATERIALS:
Sure, a pair of sunglasses might look great, but how do they fit? Our hinges, temples and nose pads are the best in the business. Pushing the limits and rethinking what's possible. This attitude guides how we design our frames and choose the materials we use to make them.
- MONEL - The corrosion-resistant alloy that we use in our metal frames and rimless sunglasses is a super tough material calledl Monel. We know that you'll likely spend some time on the water and in humid environments, Monel is up for the challenge.
- STAINLESS STEEL HINGES - Our hinges cost more than some of our competitors' entire frames. They're made of stainless steel so as to resist corrosion. And they're flexible so that they keep their shape and adjust perfectly when worn.
- WIRE CORE TEMPLES - Wire core temples provide stability and durability that's adjustable with a simple tweak for the perfect fit.
- CO-INJECTED TEMPLES - Tough nylon and Hydrolite fuse together to make our most hardcore frames. Most makers glue or slip such material together to make a frame, but with Costa's co-injected frames the two materials literally become one. The result is a frame that grips the skin the more you sweat.
We warrant Costa Sunglasses against defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. Costa handles every repair or warranty claim directly. If you should have a problem with your Costas, please refer to the Repair section of our website.
Costa will repair or replace, at our option, any product determined by Costa to be a manufacturer's defect. Since eventual wear and tear can be expected, reasonable repair charges will be levied if repairs are necessary as a result of normal wear, scratched lenses, broken hinges, accidental damage, misuse or any other problems determined not to be defects. A small processing fee will be charged for each warranty claim processed.
*Prescription and Limited Edition Costa Sunglasses have warranty limitations.
There are no products matching the selection.