Technology & Lens Options
Costa 580® Lenses
Costa 580 lenses were designed by in-house light spectrum experts to enhance colors because standard sunglass lenses fell short. The lens’ multipatented technology manages light by:
Absorbing Harmful High-Energy Blue Light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- In addition to 100% protection from UV light, 580 technology also absorbs HEV light known to cause macular degeneration, pterygium, cataracts and other eye diseases
Enhancing Reds, Greens, and Blues
- Blocking harsh yellow light at 580 nm on the visible light spectrum boosts the amounts of red, greens and blues naturally, enhancing colors and contrast
Filtering Out Harsh Yellow
- For enhanced color, sharper contrast and higher definition
POLYCARBONATE (+TRIVEX IN RX)
Choosing a Lens Color
Light conditions are constantly changing. To get the most out of Costa Lenses, it's important to choose the right color. We offer six lens colors that range from low-light like dawn to extremely bright light with blinding glare.
For offshore, blue mirror is the way to go. For freshwater and inshore, green mirror and copper are great options. For low light at dawn or dusk, sunrise is perfect. Gray lenses are the best choice for everyday activities. Of course, the best way for you to decide is to consider your environment.
Best for bright, full-sun situations on the open water and offshore.
Enhanced vision and contrast for fishing inshore and on flats.
A good everyday choice for activities on the water and land.
Silver Copper Mirror
Well-suited for stream fishing and other environments with varying light.
Cuts glare for eye comfort in a variety of situations, from sight fishing to driving.
Silver Sunrise Mirror*
Extended wear lens. The perfect tool for dusk and dawn performance.
COSTA POLARIZED LENSES VS. STANDARD POLARIZED LENSES
Polarized lenses are essential for anyone who spends time outdoors - especially on the water. But, not all polarized sunglasses are created equal.
COSTA IS 100% POLARIZED
- Best polarizing efficiency available
- Improves comfort and reduces eye strain by eliminating reflective glare
COSTA ONLY SELL POLARIZED SUNGLASSES
- Because we believe blocking reflective glare is essential for anyone on the water or outdoors, we only manufacture polarized sunglasses
A molecular bond on our plastic lenses provides the most scratch-resistant and smudge-free barrier, repelling water, oil and sweat for easier cleaning.
Bayer Abrasion Test:
A 7+ rating, which beats the industry average of 3-5
Fluids bead off the lens at an angle of 116 degrees - greater than the industry
Our mirrors are more than an aesthetic, they put Costa on the map. Made through a high-tech beam ion deposition process, these multilayered thin film coatings make for the most scratch resistant mirrors out there. By bouncing reflected light away from the eye, they deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity. Our mirrors are available in blue, green, silver sunrise and silver copper.
FRAMES & MATERIALS:
Sure, a pair of sunglasses might look great, but how do they fit? Our hinges, temples and nose pads are the best in the business. Pushing the limits and rethinking what's possible. This attitude guides how we design our frames and choose the materials we use to make them.
- MONEL - The corrosion-resistant alloy that we use in our metal frames and rimless sunglasses is a super tough material calledl Monel. We know that you'll likely spend some time on the water and in humid environments, Monel is up for the challenge.
- STAINLESS STEEL HINGES - Our hinges cost more than some of our competitors' entire frames. They're made of stainless steel so as to resist corrosion. And they're flexible so that they keep their shape and adjust perfectly when worn.
- WIRE CORE TEMPLES - Wire core temples provide stability and durability that's adjustable with a simple tweak for the perfect fit.
- CO-INJECTED TEMPLES - Tough nylon and Hydrolite fuse together to make our most hardcore frames. Most makers glue or slip such material together to make a frame, but with Costa's co-injected frames the two materials literally become one. The result is a frame that grips the skin the more you sweat.
We warrant Costa Sunglasses against defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. Costa handles every repair or warranty claim directly. If you should have a problem with your Costas, please refer to the Repair section of our website.
Costa will repair or replace, at our option, any product determined by Costa to be a manufacturer's defect. Since eventual wear and tear can be expected, reasonable repair charges will be levied if repairs are necessary as a result of normal wear, scratched lenses, broken hinges, accidental damage, misuse or any other problems determined not to be defects. A small processing fee will be charged for each warranty claim processed.
*Prescription and Limited Edition Costa Sunglasses have warranty limitations.
There are no products matching the selection.